Now Hiring: Top Notch System Architect
Ten Mile Square Technologies, Inc. is looking for qualified candidates for a Senior System Architect/Technology Team Lead position. The successful candidate will be responsible for working as a hands-on, consulting System Architect/Technology Team Lead helping our clients navigate a variety of enterprise architecture refactoring and "to be" projects. The candidate will also be an advisory resource for other Ten Mile Square Technologies engagements, performing technology assessment and due diligence, as well as specialized troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing complex, high profile technology projects using a risk-based assessment approach, and an excellent understanding of best practices around the development, testing, configuration management, and ship product life cycle. Candidates should be able to go hands-on as needed, addressing a variety of tasks that might include writing code, analyzing and re-factoring existing code, and assessing downstream effects of application changes. Candidates should possess skills and have experience with the design and development of enterprise, server-based, and web-based applications, using C/C++, J2EE technology, XML, relational databases, and service-oriented architectures.
This position requires the staff member to be located in the metro Washington DC area.
- 10+ years of experience in:
- System design and development
- Hard-core software development experience (C/C++, Java, Python, or other worthy languages...)
- 3+ years of experience in:
- Successfully leading small team technology efforts: managing resources and shipping the right product on time
- Experience with the following or similar technologies:
- Web-based applications
- Java (J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts)
- Oracle / SQL / Informix
- Unix / Linux
- Open Source technologies and applications
- Windows / .NET
- 3+ years of experience with the following technologies:
- SOAP / XML / SOA
- Practical uses of UML for system design and description - e.g. RUP 4+1 approach
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Product development methodologies
- Experience using software development best practices and an appreciation for the value of having strong process on a software development project
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field