For a downtown client in the music industry, we have re-architected and rebuilt their core enterprise software platform to support a rapidly growing and evolving business. The new software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, accurate, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking an individual to become a member of our growing Engineering team to help lead their software strategy. This person will be an experienced Senior Software Engineer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, agile, and DevOps environment and is passionate about developing high quality, scalable software.
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dedication to Engineering team success.
- Establish and promote use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency.
- Support and improve established software development standards and best practices.
- Mentor more junior team members in software design and development best practices.
- Ensure applications achieve a high level of security, quality, and maintainability.
- Actively manage and address software “technical debt”.
- Leverage and enhance continuous build and deployment tools.
- Leverage and follow Agile software development practices and techniques.
- Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software project.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems.
- Experience building financially focused systems, with complex business rules, domain models, and data models.
- Experience with enterprise software development and integration of other systems via REST web services.
- Experience developing highly available, highly scalable software for transaction-oriented systems.
- Proficient at designing and developing software using most of the following: Java, Groovy, Spring, Hibernate, PostgresDB, SQL, AWS.
- Proficient at designing relational data models and working with relational databases.
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience evaluating and leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software.
- At least 6 years of experience in software engineering/development and at least 4 years of experience in a Senior Engineer or Architect role.
- Be passionate about what you do
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- High integrity and quality of work ethic
- Self-motivated to proactively identify and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills – within team and with clients
Exceptional People Deserve Exceptional Benefits
- 100% company paid medical insurance (including family)
- 100% company paid individual dental, life, short- and long- term disability
- 3% company contribution to 401(k)
- 15 days paid time off per year to start
- 10 training days per year
- 7 company holidays
- Individual performance based quarterly cash incentive
- Combined individual and company based annual cash incentive
- Public transit reimbursement
- Job Type: Full-time, not C2C
- Job Location: Washington, DC
Ten Mile Square Technologies is a full life-cycle technology-consulting firm based in the Northern Virginia area, offering high-impact, low-drag professional services.
Categories: Join us
Tags: software development